Remote UX Product Designer (Education Sector) – Project Based
WorkMonger, an algorithm enabled job matching platform for the non-teaching education sector is seeking a UX Product Designer to take charge of the process of launching a new digital platform including UX/UI, prototype development, project management, and identifying problems and designing solutions to the problems that might arise during the initial iteration of the digital platform’s design and development.
The UX Product Designer will also support the software developers through the launch process and collaborate with the marketing team to ensure synergy between the brand and the product.
The UX Product Designer is, in short, the guardian of the new digital platform: ensuring it’s the most relevant, cost-effective, and functional product that all stakeholders are happy with.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) product designer able to understand the non-teaching education sector. Core responsibilities include conceiving and conducting product and user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX product designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for a new digital platform.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate on designs.
- Collaborate with WorkMonger team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Communicate design solutions to developers and stakeholders.
- Two or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments in an education or career services setting.
- Ability to work with WorkMonger leadership and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet WorkMonger’s needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to the WorkMonger team and stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with WorkMonger teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation including knowledge of the latest trends and technologies.