Remote Talent Services Senior Manager
Are you a passionate, strategic and partnership-oriented talent professional with experience in the PreK-12 education space? Are you looking for an opportunity to work alongside a variety of external education partners to help them hire talented, diverse leaders for mission-driven roles? This critical position will manage a portfolio of searches, including client management, talent search design, and execution of selection processes. This role is uniquely positioned to have tremendous impact with our education sector clients and the communities they serve.
Client Engagement & Relationship Management: (60%)
- Manage a portfolio of current talent searches, with a goal to design and execute searches successfully
- Serve as point of contact and relationship owner for employer clients, ensuring clear and timely communication, high quality customer service and efficient decision making
- Communicate effectively with employers around search progress, timelines and activities, including co-creating search materials such as candidate profiles, interview scripts, etc.
- Communicate effectively with JobSeekers around the status of their candidacy, feedback and next steps so they are informed and up to date
- Elicit feedback from Employer clients and JobSeekers, and adjust practices to best meet the needs of our Employers and JobSeekers, especially around racial diversity of the pool and supporting equitable hiring processes
Talent Sourcing and Selection Process Support: (30%)
- Source and headhunt qualified candidates, using a variety of methods including LinkedIn Recruiter, tapping personal networks and exploring innovative talent sources
- Build and maintain diverse candidate pools, including racial, ethnic and gender diversity
- Seek out and establish talent sourcing partnerships with organizational partners
- Design key aspects of selection processes, including but not limited to interview scorecards, interview scripts, performance tasks and overall scoring guides
- Execute key aspects of selection processes, including but not limited to recruitment calls, phone interviews, performance task review, and logistical support
Systems Management: (10%)
- Support a culture of productivity and accountability through tracking JobSeeker and Employer milestones
- Work with team to evaluate search data, review client feedback and engage in continuous improvements
- Experience in the education sector required; instructional background preferred
- Experience with talent acquisition required; experience designing and executing a wide variety of searches preferred
- Prior record of results in client management in the education sector required
- A deep understanding and commitment to racial justice, including but not limited to a willingness to engage in conversations around race, privilege and justice in the workplace
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Deep commitment to building close, professionally warm and transformational relationships with client partners
- A high level of professionalism, customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Excel and GSuite, including but not limited to Google Drive, Docs and Sheets
- Familiarity with LinkedIn Recruiter and recruiting best practices
- The ability to manage a diverse workload, competing priorities and deadline-sensitive projects successfully
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and prioritizing using measurable outcomes
- Ability to contribute to the development and support of a positive team culture
- A belief that every individual is uniquely gifted and has something of value to contribute to society
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity
- Independent, organized self-starter and problem-solver who takes the initiative to identify and assist in solving problems both within and beyond areas of responsibility
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and the highest ethical standards
- Excitement to help scale WorkMonger and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems
- Salary band: The band for this role starts at $60,000
- Reports directly to the Director, Talent Services and joins a growing team of 4-5 individuals
- This role is completely remote.
- As a young, small organization, WorkMonger does not yet offer benefits, however we are likely to do so in the near future.
WorkMonger’s mission is to bring lasting systemic change to the education sector by revolutionizing how education organizations and professionals connect for meaningful, non-teacher positions. WorkMonger serves all types of organizations in the education sector, including public charter schools, school districts, non-profit education organizations, education foundations, education support organizations, education technology companies, state education agencies, and more. WorkMonger serves talent of all levels (entry-level to C-level) across a variety of non-classroom-based positions, including academic roles (principals/school leaders, instructional coaches, curriculum design, etc.) and non-academic roles (Head of Schools, finance, operations, data, talent, marketing, strategy, fundraising, etc.). WorkMonger is dedicated to excellent customer service and to our partners enjoying a simple, effective process. WorkMonger is deeply committed to diversifying the leadership within the education sector. We proactively work to build diverse candidate pools and to develop and execute inclusive, equitable selection processes. To date, over 50 percent of the individuals hired through WorkMonger-managed searches have self-identified as Black, Indigenous, People of Color.