I remember my investment banking analyst days vividly. Long days. Long weeks! But, it wasn’t the long hours that convinced me to look elsewhere. It was the lack of a…
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Location: Austin, Texas preferred; Remote is a possibility (to be discussed with CEO)
Office: Combination of In-Person and Virtual
WorkMonger is an online job matching service that aims to transform the way organizations and jobseekers find each other for non-teaching roles in the US education sector. Our goal is to provide a more personalized and expedited hiring process by using a combination of our advanced matching algorithm, technology, and personal expertise to quickly deliver a best-fit hire. WorkMonger supports the broader US education sector, including school districts, charter schools, education non-profits, education technology companies, education policy organizations, and more.
WorkMonger is seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, highly-organized, and collaborative individual to manage the marketing and communications of the organization, with an emphasis on the acquisition and engagement of JobSeekers (primarily) and Employers. You will report directly to the Founder & CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Education sector experience preferred
- The ability to manage a diverse workload, competing priorities and deadline sensitive projects
- A commitment to setting and meeting long-term & short-term goals
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and prioritizing using measurable outcomes
- Ability to contribute to the development and support of a positive team culture
- A deep commitment to shared success
- A high level of professionalism, customer service orientation and attention to detail
- A desire to innovate and support an entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to adapt, think critically, and work in a constantly-evolving environment
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, cloud-based systems and database management
- Technical expertise with Social Media (organic and paid advertising), CRMs, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, and WordPress strongly preferred.
- Sense of humor — must love to laugh
- Belief that every individual is uniquely gifted and has something of value to contribute to society
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity and shifts in scope of duties and work independently
- Excitement at the opportunity to build WorkMonger from a start-up to a sustainable organization
- Hard working, enthusiastic team player with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to support organizational priorities
- Independent, organized self-starter and problem-solver who takes the initiative to identify and assist in solving problems both within and beyond areas of responsibility
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and the highest ethical standards at all times, especially during high-pressure periods
- Willingness to occasionally travel
Marketing & Customer Acquisition:
- Support the development and execution of a marketing strategy to bring a diverse group of JobSeekers and Employers into the WorkMonger community in collaboration with the WorkMonger team
- Focus customer acquisition efforts on strategies that will produce the greatest number of quality, aligned customers for the fewest dollars spent
- Design and implement mass marketing emails, Google Adwords campaigns, and various social media advertising efforts to drive JobSeeker and Employer sign-ups
- Manage creation of monthly JobSeeker and Employer newsletters
- Work with Founder to develop messaging that clearly and concisely explains WorkMonger to external audiences in a manner that resonates and drives brand loyalty
- Manage and grow WorkMonger’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to build the WorkMonger brand by increasing engagement (followers, likes) with an ultimate goal to drive JobSeeker profile sign-ups
- Develop new and innovative content for all social media platforms that aligns with WorkMonger goals and social media strategy
- Work to increase WorkMonger’s brand awareness within our target customer market (Employers and JobSeekers)
- Write and edit blog posts, articles, and updates to drive users to WorkMonger and establish WorkMonger as a thought leader
- Work closely with those involved in Employer Sales to ensure that the JobSeeker pipeline and Employer/Job pipeline are aligned
Communications & Customer Engagement:
- Engage JobSeekers throughout the matching process to ensure JobSeeker retention while working towards an eventual hire
- Develop and execute a strategy, system and schedule of touch points with JobSeekers, including mass emails, newsletters, online content, etc.
- Solicit feedback from JobSeekers to ensure we are providing the highest-quality service possible at each and every step of the process
- Support WorkMonger’s profile process to ensure it is streamlined, provides for the most enjoyable profile completion process, and maximizes JobSeeker sign-ups
Employer Outreach Support:
- Research and identify new leads in the education sector
- Collect and organize names, emails, titles, and additional information necessary to contact and build relationships with prospective Employers
- Support CEO in employer outreach efforts
Data & Systems Management:
- Support a culture of productivity and accountability through the creation and tracking of acquisition milestones
- Track automated systems to ensure all systems are functioning correctly at all times
- Gather and utilize data to inform all marketing and communications efforts
- Serve as a thought partner in all parts of WorkMonger’s strategy.
WorkMonger is a start-up organization that is, consequently, in a time of constant change. As such, it is highly likely that the Marketing and Communications Associate’s responsibilities will grow, shift, or evolve frequently. In addition, due to WorkMonger’s small team, there will be times when miscellaneous work needs to be accomplished and is assigned to the Marketing and Communications Associate despite falling outside of his/her core duties. WorkMonger employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to all changes in scope of duties.
- Full-time, salaried position
- As a start-up, WorkMonger does not yet offer benefits. We will support you in the process of securing your own.