You never get a second chance to make a first impression. We’ve all heard that time and time again. Well, when it comes to new jobs, your first 90 days…
MANAGER OF JOBSEEKER AQUISITION
Location: Austin, Texas preferred; Remote is a possibility (to be discussed with CEO)
Office: Combination of In-Person and Virtual
WorkMonger is an online job matching service that aims to transform the way organizations and jobseekers find each other for non-teaching roles in the US education sector. Our goal is to provide a more personalized and expedited hiring process by using a combination of our advanced matching algorithm, technology, and personal expertise to quickly deliver a best-fit hire. WorkMonger supports the broader US education sector, including school districts, charter schools, education non-profits, education technology companies, education policy organizations, and more.
WorkMonger is seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, highly-organized, and collaborative individual to manage the planning and implementation of a targeted JobSeeker acquisition and engagement strategy. You will report directly to the Founder & CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for, and experience with, marketing, communications, relationship-building and/or sales
- Education sector experience preferred
- The ability to manage a diverse workload, competing priorities and deadline sensitive projects
- A commitment to setting and meeting long-term & short-term goals
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and prioritizing using measurable outcomes
- Ability to contribute to the development and support of a positive team culture
- A deep commitment to shared success
- A high level of professionalism, customer service orientation and attention to detail
- A desire to innovate and support an entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to adapt, think critically, and work in a constantly-evolving environment
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, cloud-based systems and database management
- Technical expertise with Social Media (organic and paid advertising), CRMs, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, and WordPress strongly preferred.
- Sense of humor — must love to laugh
- Belief that every individual is uniquely gifted and has something of value to contribute to society
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity and shifts in scope of duties and work independently
- Excitement at the opportunity to build WorkMonger from a start-up to a sustainable organization
- Hard working, enthusiastic team player with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to support organizational priorities
- Independent, organized self-starter and problem-solver who takes the initiative to identify and assist in solving problems both within and beyond areas of responsibility
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and the highest ethical standards at all times, especially during high-pressure periods
- Willingness to occasionally travel
- Develop and execute on a JobSeeker acquisition strategy to bring a diverse group of talented candidates into WorkMonger’s JobSeeker database in collaboration with the WorkMonger team
- Identify and optimize new, innovative talent pipelines and partnerships
- Work closely with those involved in Employer and Job recruitment to ensure that the JobSeeker pipeline and Employer/Job pipeline are aligned
- Represent WorkMonger at conferences, recruiting events, networking opportunities, etc. in order to generate excitement for WorkMonger among prospective JobSeekers
- Cultivate leads to ensure “lead to JobSeeker” conversion in alignment with WorkMonger goals
- Focus recruitment efforts on strategies that will produce the greatest number of quality, aligned applicants for the fewest dollars spent
- Engage JobSeekers throughout the matching process to ensure JobSeeker retention while working towards an eventual hire
- Develop and execute a strategy, system and schedule of touch points with JobSeekers, including mass emails, newsletters, online content, etc. (with support from the Marketing & Communications Assistant)
- Solicit feedback from JobSeekers to ensure we are providing the highest-quality service possible at each and every step of the process
- Support WorkMonger’s profile process to ensure it is streamlined, provides for the most enjoyable profile completion process, and maximizes JobSeeker sign-ups
Marketing and Social Media:
- Work with Founder and Marketing & Communications Assistant to develop messaging that clearly and concisely explains WorkMonger to external audiences in a manner that resonates and drives brand loyalty
- Write and edit blog posts, articles, and updates to drive users to WorkMonger
Data and Systems Management:
- Support a culture of productivity and accountability through the creation and tracking of employer recruitment milestones
- Work with colleagues to evaluate JobSeeker and Employer data to support the further development and refinement of the WorkMonger matching algorithm
- Serve as a thought partner in all parts of WorkMonger’s strategy.
WorkMonger is a start-up organization that is, consequently, in a time of and constant change. As such, it is highly likely that the Manager of JobSeeker Engagement’s responsibilities will grow, shift, or evolve frequently. In addition, due to WorkMonger’s small team, there will be times when miscellaneous work needs to be accomplished and is assigned to the Manager of JobSeeker Engagement despite falling outside of his/her core duties. WorkMonger employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to all changes in scope of duties.
- Full-time, salaried position
- As a start-up, WorkMonger does not yet offer benefits. We will support you in the process of securing your own.
Interested in this position? Please fill out the following form and we will reach out to you personally.