If you’re on the hunt for a new job, we can assume one of two things. Either you don’t like where you are now and you’re looking for a way…
WorkMonger on behalf of our client.
The 40,000 student Buffalo public education system is incredibly diverse with a make-up that is approximately 50% African American and 20% Latino, while also containing an increasing number of refugee and immigrant populations. The student population is over 75% economically disadvantaged. Unfortunately, only 5% are at schools that meet or exceed state averages. All mid- and high-performing charter schools have large waitlists, making it difficult for Buffalo families to choose a better education. Buffalo students deserve greater opportunity.
With favorable conditions now in place, Buffalo is at an unparalleled moment in its fight to close the opportunity gap:
- Favorable policy: Supportive authorizer, sufficient charter funding (roughly $12,000/student).
- Growing reform ecosystem: Emerging cadre of education-focused support organizations, including TNTP, Say Yes Buffalo, and the Northeast Charter Schools Network.
- Human Capital rich city: 10+ schools of higher education, robust TFA site (more than 100 corps members and alumni working across major sectors, many in influential positions of leadership), talent funding.
Buffalo is an ideal operating environment for high-performing charter schools with a mission of serving a high-needs student population at scale.
We are Recruiting for the Following Roles: Founding Regional Executive Director
The Founding Regional Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing a region of charter schools. The Executive Director designs and executes a strategic plan to ensure the excellence, sustainability, and growth of the region and its schools. As the region grows, the Executive Director is responsible for effectively managing and scaling an increasingly complex organization.
The Network Initiative
The Buffalo Charter School Network Initiative supports the launch of K-12 charter schools in Buffalo, NY. This network is built on the fundamental belief that all students, regardless of background, can and will learn and achieve at the highest levels. Grounded in this belief, all of the teachers, leaders, and team members in the Network Initiative are united around the shared goal to prepare students to succeed in college and the competitive, global world beyond. In order to truly prepare students for college, the Network Initiative must create classrooms and schools that not only deliver rigorous academics, but also help students to develop the character traits and values necessary to succeed in college and citizenship.
The Leaders We Seek
The Network Initiative seeks exceptional candidates who demonstrate their long-term commitment to public education and desire to lead in Buffalo. Specifically, the Network Initiative seeks candidates who are:
- Exceptional educators with significant experience and demonstrated success of leading students to significant academic gains in an urban education environment
- Proven leaders with relationship-building capabilities and experience in instructional leadership roles and community leadership positions
- Committed to long-term school leadership, urban schools, and education in Buffalo
Buffalo: A Great Place to Live and Do this Mission-Critical Work
- Over 1.1 million people in metro area.
- $7.5B of recent investment revitalizing downtown.
- Cost of living is 10% below national average; 3rd most affordable city according to Forbes.
- Vibrant cluster of 22 colleges and universities with enrollment of more than 112,000 students.
- Diversified economy where no industry accounts for more than 18% of employment.
- 6-minute average commute time, 5.2 minutes faster than the national average.
- Home of 2 professional sports teams (Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres).
- World’s 3rd Greatest Food City according to National Geographic.
- Amazing performing arts across the region.
- Invest Buffalo Niagara: Perfectly Positioned for Success
- Buffalo Niagara Relocation Guide
Please apply by submitting your resume through this form.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workmonger.com/hot-markets-buffalo/ →